Apart from creating the twitter account I've had help with the following. Apparently this is how we did it. You'll need a website, a twitter account, a blogger account and a feedburner account for this approach to work. These are the settings we've used to start with, adjust them to give what you want.
Good luck if you try this. Let us know how you get on.
First create a twitter account
- in http://www.twitter.com/
- create a new account
- on the top right navigation bar select 'profile'
- then select '+' picture
- and select a picture to be used next to your postings
- on the top right navigation bar select 'settings'
- select 'time zone'
- and save settings
Publishing blog entries to twitter automatically with feedburner
- in http://www.feedburner.com/
- open your blog
- go to Publicize
- select Socialize
- under Select an account, Select a twitter account
- enter your logon/email and password
- for post content - title and body
- tick include link
- tick leave room for retweets
- for hash tags 'create hash tags from item categories'
- tick 'Use inline hash tags'
- additional text set to '#blog'
- item selection, set item limit to 1
- item order set to publish date
- keywork filter leave blank
- and Activate
Setup twitter so it can be added to website
- logon to your http://www.twitter.com/ account
- at the bottom navigation bar choose 'goodies'
- then choose 'widgets'
- choose widgets for 'my website'
- choose 'profile widget'
- on the left select 'preferences'
- tick 'poll for new results'
- tick 'include sidebar'
- set 'behaviour' to 'load all tweets'
- set 'number of tweets' to 10
- tick 'show avitars'
- tick 'show timestamps'
- tick 'show hashtags'
- on the left select 'appearance'
- select the square box next to each item and select the colour wanted
move the arrow slider up and down to the palette you want then select a colour in the palette given on the left (or type the code of the colour)
'shell background' - light blue - code 559ec2
'tweet background' - light blue - code 97cfed
'links' - dark blue - code 3507eb
'shell text' - blackish - code 0f0e0f
'tweet text' - blackish - code 0f0e0f
- on the left select 'dimensions'
- tick 'auto width'
- then select 'test settings' and amend anything to get settings wanted
- then select 'finish and grab code'
- and copy the code that is given
Add twitter to website
- go to website html source
- and add the code copied above
Writing blogs that go to twitter
When writing the blogs only a very small amount goes into the twitter line, the heading plus, possibly, the first part of the posting. Add #'s in the title and start of the posting before any words you want twitter to tage so they can be included in the twitter search categories eg #blog, #author, #social , #SocialBookmarking
You can search in hashtags.org for tags to use.
Add them before you publish the post though as this twitter link doesn't recapture the blog if you amend it after it is first published.
My related postings
Include an option on your #webpage so it can be added to delicious.com #social #bookmarking
Include options on #blog to add the posting to #social #bookmarking sites
Adding a website icon for iphone and stopping page not found for mobiles
Adding free blog subscription options
Additional blog settings
Starting an author's platform
Add blog to website
Creating a blog