We have just discovered options to add additional pages to my blogger blog. They appear at the top of the blog just under the blog description and are useful for static content, or a common Comments page, if you want one. Some blogs have used this for an 'About Me' page or something similar. We've added 4 new pages (so far) 'About My Blog' a description of the blog, 'My Blog Headings' as a history of previous postings, 'Index of Blogs by Subject' listing previous blog entries under topics, and 'Comments' to give a common place for comments (to replace the 'General Comments' blog we created earlier).
The instructions for adding a new page for 'My Blog Headings' are below. There are full instructions on how to do this in the normal blogger help (go to 'postings', 'edit pages' and follow the help information in there). Or follow the steps below if you want something that looks like mine and if you to are using blogger and feedburner.
To do this, in blogger.com
- go to 'layout'
- choose 'edit html'
- take a backup of the template now in case it all goes wrong (there is an option at the top of the page to do this)
- tick the 'show widget code'
- look through the code until you find this
<div id='crosscol-wrapper' style='text-align:center'>
<b:section class='crosscol' id='crosscol' showaddelement='no'/>
change ='no' to ='yes'
- go to 'postings'
- select 'edit pages'
- select 'new page'
- set the name 'My Blog Headings'
- if you have feedburner setup for your blog and you want the headings on the new blog page
save the page so far.
1. Logon to http://www.feedburner.com/.
4. Select 'Publicize' .
5. Select 'BuzzBooster'.
6. Set Number of items to display = All
Open Links in = Same window
Display feed title = unticked
Title = completed
Display favicon = unticked
Display item author name = unticked
Display item content = unticked
Display item publication date = unticked
Display link to feed = untick
7. When the page redisplays, copy (Ctrl+C) the commands given at the top of the screen in the 'Your BuzzBoost is ready' area.
8. Go to the web page source, select html and paste (Ctrl+V) the code selected above.
9. Back in blogger, 'edit pages', on your new 'My Blog Headings' page, select 'edit html' and paste this code.
(see also my previous posting Add blog to website)
- select how to display the pages, I chose 'as buttons'
- and 'publish'
- The 'About My Blog', 'Index of Blogs by Subject' and 'Comments' were done the same way with plain text entered instead of the html from feedburner. The 'Index of Blogs by Subject' will need amending every time a new blog is added as, unlike the 'My Blog Headings', it isn't updated automatically. And obviously, the settings on the 'Comments' page were changed to allow comments.
- To change the order of the pages you need to be logged onto your blog. In 'Customise', select 'View Blog' and select the edit icon next to the page titles. This will give you a popup to let you drag and drop the pages to swap them around.
My Related Postings
Include options on #blog to add the posting to #social #bookmarking sites
Adding free blog subscription options
Additional blog setting
Add a comment policy
New posting order
Add blog to website
Creating a Blog